Sign Up to Meet with a Career Coach
Career and executive coaches will be on-site at Diversity & Inclusion 2018 if you would like to discuss matters related to your own career and professional development. A limited number of 40 minute, one-on-one appointments with coaches are available. Appointments will take place during the following times:
- Thursday, 20 September, 4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Friday, 21 September, 8:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
To sign up for an appointment, please email CareerManagement@cfainstitute.org with the subject line “Coaching appointment” by Wednesday, 12 September and include the following information:
- Your top three preferred times to meet with a coach during the hours noted above
- A very brief, high-level description of what you would like to discuss with a coach
A member of the CFA Institute Career Management team will reply to your email within 3 business days with an appointment time and a bio of the coach with whom you will be meeting. Please note you may only schedule one appointment, and appointments will be set in the order emails are received.
A professional photographer will be on-site at the conference on Thursday and Friday to take headshot photos. There is no need to sign up in advance of the conference. Photos will be taken on a first-come, first served basis. Delegates can receive one free digital headshot picture, which will be made available by the photographer within two weeks of the conclusion of the conference. If you have any questions, please email CareerManagement@cfainstitute.org with the subject line “Headshot photography.”
Tips for Networking
Networking is an invaluable part of any conference experience. For tips on getting the most out of networking, check out these resources:
- Ways to Make the Most of Your Conference Networking (Article)
- Networking and Relationship Building Skills for Your Career (Webcast)
- To Connect Across Cultures, Find Out What You Have in Common (Article)
- Why Memory Training Matters for Financial Professionals (Video Interview)
- 5 Questions to Ask at Every Networking Event (Article)
More Career Resources from CFA Institute
- CFA Institute Career Center (Job Board and online resources): Build your team with fellow charterholders by posting your openings on the CFA Institute Career Center. And if you are looking for your next opportunity, browse available positions by job function or location, upload your resume, and get job posting alerts.
- Career Success: Navigating the New Work Environment (eBook and Companion Site): Discover a model for career planning and career decision making to help make the most of your career. With exercises and interviews with industry luminaries, the book and microsite are exceedingly practical tools at any career stage.
- Career News and Advice (Library): Find a plethora of articles and multimedia content on career management, leadership, and soft skill topics.