Wednesday, 18 September 2019
The Perfect Financial Services Resume
Founder and CEO
- Your CV/resume is your future. Bridge the gap between where you are now and where you want to take your career.
- It’s marketing: What’s your brand? What’s your pitch? Get ready for action.
- Artificial intelligence and the applicant tracking system: 80% of jobs advertised online could be screened by a computer. Beat the bots to ensure you get over the first hurdle.
- Tell a story, start with a bang, and provide just the right amount of context to hook your audience: Show don’t tell.
The Path to Corporate Boards: Prepare, Connect, and Present
Julie Castro Abrams
CEO, How Women Lead
Managing Partner, BoardLeaders
- What skills are in demand for board members and how to get them
- Samples of “board bios” and how to fit into the profile
- Making connections to get you to the board room
- How to highlight and present your skills in the best light on your CV
The Ultimate Success Formula: Leadership Presence and Emotional Intelligence
Executive Coach and Leadership Development Specialist
- What can leadership presence and emotional intelligence do for your career?
- Emotional intelligence: The critical element to your success
- What is leadership presence, and how can you build personal influence in your organization?
Rebecca A. Fender, CFA
Head, Future of Finance
Kelli E. Palmer
Head, Global Diversity & Inclusion
Thomas Collimore, CFA, Moderator
Senior Director, Institutional Partnerships
- An update on the state of Diversity and Inclusion in the industry, and industry reaction to the Driving Change report released at the 2018 conference
- Which of the 20 recommendations are of most interest and why
- How firms are beginning to implement the recommended actions and how they plan to measure progress
Advocating for Gender Diversity across Markets and Industries: A Commitment of the Investor Leadership Network to Boost Performance
Executive Vice President of Talent and Performance and Chief Human Resources Officer
Read more about the Investor Leadership Network, an open and collaborative platform for leading investors interested in addressing sustainability and long-term growth. A direct outcome of Canada’s 2018 presidency of the G7, the ILN focuses on concrete actions and global partnerships.
Former NASA Astronaut and Air Force Colonel
Sophie Palmer, CFA, Moderator
Regional Director and Portfolio Manager, Private Wealth Management
Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited
- Developing your sense of mission and what that means
- Facilitation problem solving among groups with diverse interests by making space and having hard conversations
- Inspiring your team to be their best
Meet and Greet with Cady Coleman