Wednesday, 18 September 2019
The Perfect Financial Services CV
Founder and CEO
- Your CV/resume is your future. Bridge the gap between where you are now and where you want to take your career.
- It’s marketing: What’s your brand? What’s your pitch? Get ready for action.
- Artificial intelligence and the applicant tracking system: 80% of jobs advertised online could be screened by a computer. Beat the bots to ensure you get over the first hurdle.
- Tell a story, start with a bang, and provide just the right amount of context to hook your audience: Show don’t tell.
The Path to Corporate Boards: Prepare, Connect, and Present
Julie Castro Abrams
CEO, How Women Lead
Managing Partner, BoardLeaders
- What skills are in demand for board members and how to get them
- Samples of “board bios” and how to fit into the profile
- Making connections to get you to the board room
- How to highlight and present your skills in the best light on your CV
The Ultimate Success Formula: Leadership Presence and Emotional Intelligence
Executive Coach and Leadership Development Specialist
- What can leadership presence and emotional intelligence do for your career?
- Emotional intelligence: The critical element to your success
- What is leadership presence, and how can you build personal influence in your organization?
Rebecca A. Fender, CFA
Head, Future of Finance
Kelli E. Palmer
Head, Global Diversity & Inclusion
- An update on the state of Diversity and Inclusion in the industry, and industry reaction to the Driving Change report released at the 2018 conference
- Which of the 20 recommendations are of most interest and why
- How firms are beginning to implement the recommended actions and how they plan to measure progress
Former NASA Astronaut and Air Force Colonel
- Developing your sense of mission and what that means
- Facilitation problem solving among groups with diverse interests by making space and having hard conversations
- Inspiring your team to be their best
Meet and Greet with Cady Coleman
Thursday, 19 September 2019
Managing Director and Head of North American Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mentoring and encouraging young women in finance—lessons and approaches
- Thoughts on closing the gender gap and taking your place at the table
- Candid conversations in promotion discussions
- The value of diversity in finance
Madeline E. Heilman
Professor of Psychology
New York University
- Issues with the selection of women to lead in traditionally made roles
- The impact of attribution rationalization and whether women get things like proper credit for teamwork
- How positive performance information about women can be distorted
- Penalties for violating gender stereotypical norms and the challenge of balancing being “agentic” and “communal”
Heather Brilliant, CFA
Chair, CFA Institute Board of Governors
Managing Director, First State Investments
- The financial crisis ushered in an age of investor engagement. Institutional and individual asset owners, as well as financial advisers, are becoming more vocal and demanding across a wide range of issues.
- Investors are far less passive than they were before 2009, and the investment management profession has taken notice and is responding.
- What does this evolution mean for investors and the way investment decisions are made? And how can we, as an industry, lead the way in engaging investors to achieve better outcomes?
Bonnie St. John
Author, Leadership Consultant, and Paralympic Athlete
- Views on diversity etiquette in the workplace
- How inclusive leadership operates—micro-affirmations, investing in all kinds of people, and flexing your style
- How great women lead—practical lessons from noted women leaders
- Overcoming obstacles to be your best even when you aren’t included
Elsie M. Fletcher, CFA
Chair, Education Advisory Board, CFA Institute
Former Managing Director of Client Services, Tukman Grossman Capital Management
Leyla Kassem, CFA
Director, Client Relations
Wells Capital Management